The requirements to access the Master Program in Biomedical Omics are:
- The achievement of a bachelor degree program in one of the following classes: L-2 Biotecnologie (Biotechnology), L-13 Scienze biologiche (Biology), L-27 Scienze e tecnologie chimiche (Chemistry), L-29 Scienze e tecnologie farmaceutiche (Pharmaceutical sciences).
- Having acquired at least 40 ECTS in the scientific disciplines (SSD): BIO/06, BIO/08, BIO/09, BIO/10, BIO/11, BIO/12, BIO/13, BIO/14, BIO/15, BIO/16, BIO/17, BIO/18, BIO/19, CHIM/01, CHIM/02, CHIM/03, CHIM/06, CHIM/07, CHIM/08, CHIM/09, MED/01, MED/02, MED/03, MED/04, MED/05, MED/07, MED/08, MED/43, MED/44, MED/46, MED/50, SECS-S/01, SECS-S/02.
- Knowledge of English (B2 certification).
Students must have a Bachelor?s degree in one of the disciplines described above (Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical sciences). The number of hours/credits of the specific courses must be clearly identifiable in the academic curriculum. If this is not possible, documents certifying the students? career will be examined by the Faculty to assess if their background complies with the admission requirements.
B2 entrance level:
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- By a language certification at or above B2, obtained no more than 3 years earlier. For the list of language certifications recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/it/studiare/competenze-linguistiche/placement-test…). The certification must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- By the English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The certificates must be less than four years old, and will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- By the entrance test, which will be delivered by the SLAM on September 21st 2021, and at on December 10th 2021, only for students who have applied for admission at a later date. All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the entrance test will have until 31 December 2021 to obtain and submit one of the recognized certifications to the SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and cannot sit further tests.
Places available: 30 + 5 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 27/04/2021 to 26/08/2021
Admission test date and venue: 02/09/2021 - da remoto
Application for matriculation: from 22/09/2021 to 30/09/2021
Attachments and documents
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts