Teaching and training activities are managed by the Academic Board, which include:
- all professors and research fellows who are lead instructors for one or more courses,
- student representatives on the Department Councils.
Each Academic Board elects a Chair from among its members.
Each degree programme reports to its main and associated departments for:
- planning, setting, and assessing learning objectives,
- organizing teaching and training activities,
- organizing support activities and services.
Each Department includes the following bodies: Council, Management, Board.
Each Department is linked to a Faculty or School, whose Managing Committees:
- ensure the general coordination of teaching activities and common services,
- set the academic calendar,
- propose launching new study programmes or terminating existing ones.
With its 8 departments and over 600 professors and researchers, is one of the most important in Italy, in terms of quality of training as well as the scientific results.