To be admitted to the final exam, students must do the following:
- upload a digital copy of the thesis in PDF/A format by accessing - from UNIMIA -> SIFA Online Services -> Administrative services -> graduation application -> Thesis upload. You cannot apply for graduation without uploading the thesis within the deadline.
- Create a PDF/A file of your thesis starting from a Word or LibreOffice document (follow instructions on the video tutorial).
- Deliver one paper copy of your thesis following the instruction of your course programme.
There are three graduation sessions per year, for both Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes:
- Summer session
- Autumn session
- Winter session.
In the Deadlines and calendars section you will find the dates for each session and all the steps required to take the final exam.
Students who graduate by the third session of the academic year need not pay the first instalment for the next academic year.
To graduate students must:
- Be current with tuition and fees until the last year of enrolment
- Pass all the exams required by your last approved study plan, within the deadlines
- Agree on the thesis title with your supervisor before applying for graduation
- Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee
- Fill in the upcoming graduate survey
- Comply with programme-specific formalities and deadlines for each session
The graduation application must be submitted online by the deadline set for your session. Do not hand it in to the Student Registrar.
The payment of the € 116.00 graduation fee (including the € 16.00 stamp duty) may be made through Pago PA:
- when submitting the online application, or
- after submitting the graduation application, through the payment service
Upcoming graduate survey
Upcoming graduates are required to fill in the survey within the term set for each session.
You can access the survey only after submitting the graduation application.
Failure to fill in the survey by the deadline will result in exclusion from the graduation session.
Deadlines, procedures and graduation calendars
Deadlines, calendars and procedures are different depending on the degree programme.
Each application is valid for a single exam session.
Students who forfeit an exam must promptly notify the Registrar through the Informastudenti Service. Students must submit another application through the online procedure, indicating the newly chosen exam session.
Once paid, the graduation fee is valid for the new session also. Postponements are not allowed.
- Final exams: from 3 July to 7 July 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 2 May to 9 June 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 9 June 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: 16 June 2023
- Online thesis submission: within 23 June 2023
- On the day of the final exam, students must deliver 1 signed copy of their final work to the Committee.
- Final exams: 25-26 September 2023;
- Candidate must submit a request via InformaStudenti within 1 September 2023. At the time of submission, the candidate must have already presented the online application for graduation and applied for the PhD.
- Deadline for completing exams: 4 September 2023.
- Online thesis submission: 18 September 2023.
- Final exams: from 13 to 17 November 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 24 July to 13 October 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 13 October 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: 13 October 2023
- Online thesis submission: within 6 November 2023
- On the day of the final exam, students must deliver 1 signed copy of their final work to the Committee
- Final exams: within 28 February 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 9 January to 31 January 2023
- Delivery of graduation clearance: within 31 January 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 31 January 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: within 31 January 2023
- Online thesis submission: within 17 February 2023
- On the day of the final exam, students must deliver 1 signed copy of their final work to the Committee (only if in presence)
The extraordinary session is reserved for students with no more than two exams pending at the time of the graduation application.
The degree programmes will set extraordinary exam sessions in May 2023, only students who have submitted their graduation application for the extraordinary graduation session academic year 2021/2022 will be able to access.
- Final exams: from 7 June 2023 to 15 June 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 21 March 2023 to 6 April 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 6 April 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: 24 May 2023
- Online thesis submission: 31 May 2023